Monday, March 17, 2008

Vino anyone?



This past weekend 4 girls and I traveled to Santa Cruz for a wine festival. We took 3 charter buses and 1 micro (city bus) to get there. We left at 9:30 Friday morning (after we had gotten home at 5 am that morning) and arrived in Santa Cruz around 4:00 pm. If we had a direct bus from here it would have taken about 3 hours. Needless to say, it felt like a very long day. We stayed at a cute bed and breakfast. I really felt like the owners were taking care of us which is very comforting when you find yourself in a town you know nothing about in a country you have only been in for 2 weeks. We were starving when we got there so they immediately made us lunch which I thought was really nice of them. We went to the festival on Saturday and Sunday. There were about 15-20 wine vendors and then maybe 10 vendors selling pretty expensive things. It was probably all handmade so that is why the purse I wanted cost over $40. The one thing that was cheap was trying the wine; $8 for a wine glass and 5 tastes. After my 6 tastes (i forgot to give my ticket to one vendor), I decided I am definitely a white wine drinker, and my reasoning isn't that great. I don't love wine, but if I am going to drink it, I need it to be cold. I also liked the rose wine. We returned on Sunday at about 9:30 at night. It was a full weekend. I am glad I only have one class on Monday so I can recover and catch up on everything else. Happy St.Patrick's Day everyone!! I am wearing my green shirt, unlike the rest of this country!

No comments: