Sunday, March 2, 2008

El Primer Dia


So I am finally in Chile. I really thought it would never come, just how I think graduation from college still isn't every going to come. Everything went smoothly. I only had 4 hours of sleep(which was on an airplane so it wasn't even good sleep) last night but I am not really tired now, just still in shock that I am here to stay for 5 months. I think with the holding back tears all day and initial feeling of anti-excitement about being away for 5 months hints to me that the Peace Corps is not a good idea for post graduation plans. I think I will stick with looking into Americorps. My host family is really nice: mom, dad, and 18 yr old daughter. They understand my Spanish isn't great and work with me to understand what they are saying. Here is a pic of my room ; Jonas says it looks like something I would decorate myself.

1 comment:

Mikayla... said...

katie!
I'm so excited for you! this is going to be such an awesome experience. I wish I could go visit you!!!